Blogg

My photo
This is my Media Blogg and I will be showing forth the best works of my abilty and I hope you enjoy my page. Thank You

Monday 28 November 2011

FILM REVIEW FINAL

The reason why I chose to go for Total Film magazine is because I wanted a film company that had a big name and make our film stand out as well.
Total film is a British film magazine published 13 times a year (every four weeks) by Future Publishing and Total Film is recognised all over the country and other countries too on the grounds that its so known its got a own unique style of layout for its film reviews. I did a lot of research on their reviews and even popped by WHSmith to check the actual magazine so I could get some ideas to insert in my own review.
The layout of there reviews are surely interesting and it caught my eyes were as the independent reviews were pretty much simple and boring but I didn’t want that impact on our audience so that’s another reason why I went for Total Film’s Magazine film review layout.
The magazine has images, text, ratings, comments and other recommended film reviews on just one film review page.

There was a few decisions I had to make when I was creating this film review because our film was a very short film and wouldn’t have had as much details as the big Hollywood films will so what I did is I drew up a quick sketch of what the Total Film reviews looked like and the converted it into “Take the next Step” Version. In most of the reviews there is a load of text and what I decided to do is that I was going to expand on our film and make it look more professional other wise there would have been like one paragraph of text.
Also I decided to go on with the way the insert images so I picked the two powerful images and expanded the size one big and another one much smaller.
I inserted in different text font to also make in more interesting like they did in the Total Film magazine. Star ratings were one thing I had to surely add in because it gives it more of the review style.
The layout overall was basically copied from the Total Film magazine so that it would fit in with the original ones from the magazine.Once
I had decided on the magazine, I decided to review a two page spread that is featured in Total Film. This particular two page spread features a review of the film True Grit. The review features one single large screenshot with the text surrounding the picture. The use of the image is important in drawing in and attracting the reader to read on. The review takes on a very neutral point of view, coming to a conclusion that the reader.






No comments:

Post a Comment