Blogg

My photo
This is my Media Blogg and I will be showing forth the best works of my abilty and I hope you enjoy my page. Thank You

Thursday 1 December 2011

Research : Father and Son Kidney Transplant Success

Recent kidney transplant recipient Carlos Chambers discusses what it was like for him to receive a kidney from his father, Thomas Dunkins, III. Carlos discusses his experience being on dialysis for two years as a result of progressing kidney failure as well as his recovery and return to a normal lifestyle after receiving a kidney from his father on October 28, 2009.

Carlos and his father also discuss why they chose to come to the University of Maryland Medical Center for the transplant, which was performed by both Dr. Matthew Cooper and Dr. Stephen Bartlett. They talk about their experience attending the Transplant Education Series offered by the Medical Center and why they came back to UMMC to help other patients and donors currently going through the transplant process.


No comments:

Post a Comment