Blogg

My photo
This is my Media Blogg and I will be showing forth the best works of my abilty and I hope you enjoy my page. Thank You

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Question 2

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?
The colours in my poster are a mixture of black & white and then full colour and the reasons why I choose to use these colours is because I wanted to create that great impact on anyone that passed by the poster. The sense of black and white would make the public think what kind of “old film” is this but looking at the detail would reveal to them. And the use of original colour just to make it look modern and also appealing to the viewers eye because colour is what the human eyes catch first then shapes. The title of the poster is black simply because its isn’t a fancy film so I kept the colour straight forward and this links in with the film because all the aspects in the film.




During research I discovered that most film posters whether short film or films were made out of several of images. This inspired me to use several images to create my poster but in my first poster the use of images wasn’t of satisfactory to my audience. The feedback from my audience who said that “because the image is a screenshot from the film it isn’t clear for me to see” so during the stage of creating my redraft of my first poster I looked at how cinema posters used images to make their posters appealing and attractive. I looked through the images I had from my film and decided to go out and take a few photo shots of different stairs around my area now the reason why I did this is because out title is “Take the next step” and this title gave me the ideas of having John walking up a stairs. The reason why I decided to use the image of stairs is because it represents every step John takes towards his manhood and then added in an image of John which was a screen shot from my film and this image was of him walking up and I used the Lasso tool to cut him out from the background and placed that cut out on the stairs. The contrasting light of dark to light on the stairs image creates the effect on how he is walking into a deeper meaning of life and I didn’t want this image to be so obvious so I positioned John on the direction of the stairs were by he is walking down and not up. Reason for this image positioning is because that the twist we have on our film that he is taking steps towards manhood which technically is a harder advanced life and that’s what out short film is about.

The intended target audience for this poster would be 15+ simple because it has a lot of drama and some kind of action involved and the immature mind wouldn’t be able to understand a film like this. The 3rd poster has the characters hugging each other and this symbolises a strong relationship between them two. It wouldn’t be right if the target audience was PG which is open to everyone because it isn’t that kind of Finding Nemo film or anything which a 5 year old child can sit, watch and understand and this poster portrays what exactly main product shows.

These poster have a own unique style of attracting its target audience through various persuasive techniques. Firstly the layouts of the posters are very eye catching because I followed on how the original poster did there and looking at films of the same theme I caught many ideas on how to show forth these posters. Use of colour and contrast is a persuasive technique I inserted in because I knew that it was one of the main avenues to attract our audience and doing some quick research it has proven to work a bit.
Tag line, Text and Font these are other persuasive technique that a viewer would look at and this would decide whether they will be interested in watching the film or not.

When its down to genre its straight into drama and some even mentioned action however the main genre is drama and then if we break it down its also about relationships. The poster represents a lot of tragedy and this falls into drama. The USP of this poster is the design of the actual poster and how the characters are presented on poster is another USP because looking at the other posters that are out from amateur’s film makers I personally feel that this one would be one of the outstanding film posters just because of the creativity put into it.

Comments I received from Audience "The poster design is brilliant however it has to look more of a drama genre"                       "Real creativity inserted in this poster and the title font is good"
Doing my film review took a lot of time and research because it had to look as professional and realistic like the posters so I took my time to create this review and looking at other examples fed my mind with more knowledge about film reviews.
Take the nest step is the final product which audiences get to see, but in order for them to want to watch the film my review has to create hype/ buzz and market the film in a way that answers questions and gives audiences the first view of the film. From my research of Total Film I decided to base my inspiration on Total Film. Not only did I base my inspiration on Total Film but I had all my information and house style based from their film reviews.
 I chose Total Film as the influence of my film review as I felt that the editors had very relaxed and colloquial language which would comfort the reader, whilst also using filmic terms. I had to incorporate language into the review, so mentioning the directors and actors name which would identify to the audience who they are and if they had been in any previous or further films.

The image I chose for the film review was perfect because they were the shots from the film itself and that follows a film reviews inserts. Main character John is the one I wanted to show more in the film review because this story revolves around him and John’s facial expression gives an indication of his character.  I also added an effect to the image using simple photo editing software to give it a sharper look and it rounds off the image nicely. The review overall does not give away the whole plot, it advertises its characters and genre successfully.

The overall layout of the magazine page was easy to replicate so using publisher I was able to make it look as if my review had came straight out of the Total Film magazine however I discovered that I could design better by using Adobe Photoshop so I went ahead and used that to create this film review.

On the source of colours I kept it according to Total films reviews because I wanted my poster to look exactly like it would fit in with the magazine ones and these main colours were red, white and black. These main colours were displayed all over the two pages

No comments:

Post a Comment